The Prep Station, Eat Drink Alameda
In 2009, Margaret sought to reinvent herself, blending her passion for food with her background in business. She created Wonky, a snack food company, with packaged Kale chips and sprouted nuts distributed to 150 stores in Northern California.
She formed The Prep Station to be a place where individuals would have room to create, conceptualize and experiment. The Prep Station was built to be a “starter” kitchen. A basic, no frills work horse, equipped with the essentials to support small to mid range businesses. With the growing population of foodie entrepreneurs and visionaries, The Prep Station provides a timely service within the industry- providing a space for those eager to test their skills in a revolutionary food market, where fresh ideas and strategies steadily shift the way we buy, sell and choose the food we eat.
“The primary goal is to deliver services that add value to our clients, making the most of their time in the kitchen. We strive to offer affordable packages and work with members to develop a plan that fits their needs and budget.”
Margaret is fully invested into the success of the clients of The Prep Station and the community of Alameda Point. She has made a commitment to both, and feels fortunate to have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people and talent.
In addition to her industry experience, Margaret has a business background, with twenty-five years in retail management, production, merchandising and inventory planning. She is a published writer, fund raiser, event planner, commercial kitchen operator, caterer, accomplished in recipe development, knowledgeable in various methods of food preparation, and owner creator producer of Wonky Kale Chips
Education: BA University of California, Berkeley
- Founder of Wonky Kitchen, product and commercial kitchen services company
- Owner and product development for Wonky, packaged snack food distributed in Northern California
- Inventory planner and merchandiser for The Gap, The Nature Company, Macys, Vanity Fair
- Retail business consultant for SAP
- Published Writer of educational books for Harcourt Publishing and Oxford Press
- Published novelist
On Site Staff and Assistance
- Bharath Kumar, Assistant Manager, is on site daily to assist vendors with operational questions and concerns
- Professional towel and janitorial service
- Hi-temp dishwashers are a new addition, saving both time and money.
- Online reservation system makes it easy to book tables and appliances
- Free business consultation
- Website pages for vendors to market their business and obtain up to date information on events at the kitchen
- Resource page to aid members in getting the information they need to build their businesses